top of page

Friends Raped Wife, Infront of Husband: Barack Obama Gave Justice

Friends Raped Wife, Infront of Husband: Barack Obama Gave Justice

In the quiet town of California, tragedy struck the lives of the lovebirds Jan and Quiana, a young couple whose love story took a dark turn. What began as a celebration of their commitment became a nightmare that shook the community.

This blog will reveal the heartbreaking details of Jan and Quiana's case, where a husband had to witness the most pathetic scene during his last few breaths.


Jan Pawel Pietrzak, named after Pope John Paul II, had a humble beginning in either Klodzko or Bielawa, Poland. At the age of ten, he and his family shifted to the United States. 

Settling in Brooklyn, New York's Bensonhurst neighbourhood, Jan embraced the American dream. In 2003, driven by a sense of duty, he joined the Marines, specialising as a helicopter mechanic and serving in Iraq.

Jan's life turned positive when he met Quiana at a party in 2005. This meeting led to a cute love story! Quiana Jenkins Pietrzak was a twenty-three-year-old girl from California, U.S.A.

She was an aspiring doctor who worked as a health education assistant. A mutual friend introduced the two, and they eventually hit it off.

Despite initial reluctance to date a Marine, Jan's charm won her over. Jan and Quiana tied the knot on August 8, 2008.

Afterwards, Mr and Mrs Pietrzark started living in a house in Winchester, near Temecula, California, close to Camp Pendleton. Jan continued serving as a helicopter airframe mechanic at the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.

The Attack

On October 15, 2008, darkness came upon the newlyweds Pietrzak's home. A group of four Marines, including Tyrone Miller, violated the sanctity of their haven. Despite tight security measures, Miller forcibly entered, wielding a shotgun with evil intentions. The couple, Jan and Quiana, faced a traumatic attack as they were swiftly bound and gagged with duct tape.

Quiana was then horribly assaulted and raped by the offenders while Jan, helpless and restrained, was forced to witness the torture inflicted upon his beloved wife. The brutality reached an unthinkable climax when both Jan and Quiana were mercilessly shot in the head after the assault was done.

The culprits, Lance Cpl. Emrys John, Lance Cpl. Kesaun Sykes, Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox and Tyrone Miller callously extinguished the lives of this young couple. In a desperate attempt to erase the traces of their heinous act, the assailants set small fires within the home.


The aftermath saw the accused Marines facing charges for these gruesome murders. While Miller and Cox reportedly confessed to the crimes, a chilling revelation emerged – all four suspects accused each other of assaulting Quiana before the murder. The tragedy deepened as it became apparent that betrayal had tainted the bonds of brotherhood among these Marines.

Amidst the horror, a disturbing prelude surfaced on John's MySpace page, where he callously posted, "Chillin' waitin' 4 da killin'!" shortly before the fateful night. This eerie proclamation foreshadowed the unspeakable acts that would unfold in the Pietrzak home, forever marking October 15, 2008, as a day of profound sorrow and loss.

Love Turned Tragedy: Moments of Agony

The police received a call prompting a welfare check on Jan and Quiana, who had recently exchanged their vows. As officers arrived, they were met with an unsettling scene. Jan and Quiana, bound and gagged, lay in a room tainted by a disturbing act of violence.

For Jan, the last moments of his life were stained by the excruciating agony of watching Quiana endure a harrowing assault. Bound and helpless, he was forced to witness the brutality acted upon the love of his life.

Quiana's heartfelt words of love lingered in the air as a stark contrast to the grim reality. "Jan, I love you. I will love you for the rest of my life. To you, baby. To us," she had declared moments before their world was shattered. Jan, equally devoted, responded with a declaration of love. The trauma of that night would cast a shadow over the community, forcing friends, family, and neighbours to grapple with the harsh reality of inhuman cruelty.

Gruesome Discovery in The Crime Scene

The investigators uncovered a scene beyond comprehension. Quiana's lifeless body was surrounded by unsettling symbols—a vibrator and a red candle, once symbols of intimacy, now distorted into instruments of terror.

Jan, a decorated Marine sergeant with dreams ahead, was forced into a nightmarish misery. He became a captive audience to the violation of the woman he cherished.


Just three days after Jan and Quiana's tragic murder, the Los Angeles Times revealed their identities on October 18, 2008. The Sheriff's Department acted swiftly, announcing on November 3 that four Marines were arrested for the crime, despite the killers trying to hide evidence by setting a fire. By early November, the Marines faced serious charges, including murder, robbery, and sexual assault.

Probable Motives

Despite claims of a racial motive, the Sheriff's unit emphasised a robbery connection. Stolen items from the victims were found in the suspects' barracks, countering racial speculations. However, public scepticism persisted, fueled by evidence of a possible racial motive, a chilling pre-murder message on social media, and racial slurs at the crime scene.

On February 2, 2009, the District Attorney decided to pursue the death penalty. The legal process continued, unravelling a complex case that had deeply affected the community and left lingering questions about the motivations behind the tragic events.

The White House Involvement

On November 11, 2008, Jan's mom, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga, bravely wrote a letter to President-elect Obama. Henryka stated: "If it was a robbery, why didn't they come when nobody was home instead of in the dead of night, armed to the teeth? ... What was it about my son and daughter-in-law that inspired such hatred and loathing?" She was doubtful of the racial motive behind the crime.

The Obama administration's response, received on July 27, 2009, was a generic letter, which upset many. The news media reported on this, and the administration later apologised.

Both moms wanted to meet President Obama to discuss how Jan and Quiana's sacrifice could bring people together. 

Even the Commissioner on Civil Rights in Poland supported this. But when the U.S. ambassador replied on August 24, they were careful and didn't want to discuss whether race played a role in the murders. The White House's involvement brought more questions to an already complex story.

The Trial

The legal process took a severe turn for the three responsible individuals: Kevin Darnell Cox, Emrys Justin John, and Tyrone Miller. They were put on trial for the terrible crimes they committed against the couple.

Evidence revealed the gruesome details of the assault and the money-driven motives behind it. Witnesses, like Cox's girlfriend Melissa Buck, played a crucial role by sharing chilling details of the accused casually celebrating their crime.

The trial faced a pause when Kesaun Sykes disrupted a court hearing in 2011, leading to a mental evaluation that deemed him fit to continue. The trial resumed in 2013, resulting in Cox and John's conviction for first-degree murder and Miller's conviction for sexual assault and murder.

Sentences were handed down in 2013, with death penalties for Miller and John and life without parole for Cox. Sykes received the death penalty in 2014. Despite justice being served, the scars of the heinous acts lingered in the victims' community.

Parting Note

Jan and Quiana's tragic case showed how the legal system dealt with the culprits for their terrible actions. While the court delivered justice, the community still bears the emotional scars.

May Jan and Quiana's memory inspire us to work towards a world where senseless acts are stopped and communities stand strong against darkness.

For Interesting Crime Story, Sign Up Now!


Be the First to Expand Your
Intellectual Horizon!

bottom of page